Artist Analytic 1 Keith Canva$
The new look of an ever-changing underground
An interview with Keith [CA$H] Canva$-
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/keith-canvas
Insta: KeithCanvas_
Twitter: KeithCanvas_
I had the pleasure of being able to FaceTime someone I met on twitter whom has a relatively small following on the app. Someone who was capable of gaining six-figure views streaming music. A young man that grew up in Portland attending Catholic school and staying in trouble. Someone who is just another 20 year-old like myself. Someone making a name for himself. Someone who is branding and marketing his image.
Keith Kanva$, someone who I believe to be born a star. Upon talking with Keith, I found the conversation to head places I had not expected. I was enthralled to speak with him about his very keen perception of his life and the world we occupy. Typically one would not expect a rapper to be so wise in this modern day.
Keith Kanva$, someone who I believe to be born a star. Upon talking with Keith, I found the conversation to head places I had not expected. I was enthralled to speak with him about his very keen perception of his life and the world we occupy. Typically one would not expect a rapper to be so wise in this modern day.
“Is it real or not”
The quote I received upon asking Keith what reality is.
Immediately I was taken back by such a simple yet philosophical response.
Upon speaking further and his consumption of multiple backwoods, we come to really understand who he is and what he can do to the 'underground' scene.
Keith is affiliated with Ca$h gang which includes A-Ru$$ (3am), Croosh, and various others who are not as established yet. It is to be noted he also works with RecklessG4B who he met in highschool and made his first song with the night before an assembly, as well as his best friend Heff. Reckless has produced for artists like blackbear and wintertime.
Croosh- an artist based out of L.A making waves with his great rhythm and uniquely hypnotic voice started working with him making songs like No Mistake with Locate Emilio and 3 am as well (https://soundcloud.com/locateemilio/no-mistakes-ft-croosh-a-ru-and-keith-canva-prod-steezefield) or more recently Philly to LA.(expect an amazing video- sneak peak tweet here https://twitter.com/keithcanvas_/status/902596837672050688 found on Keith’s soundcloud.
Croosh initially liked Keith because of his looks most specifically. Keith is huge on the belief that appearance is key on establishing individuality as well as integrity. Imagery is key- how you look creates a vibe to your sound and how others view you. Even something as small as choosing a cover photo to a song can be very important in his eyes. I have provided an array of images of Keith and you can see for yourself; he looks interesting.
He is not the average rapper. He is an intellect who believes in destiny and reason to a means, but continues to question reality. One question and you can tell in his facial expressions he cares what he says, there's a feel different than speaking to a simple human.






Comments
Post a Comment